ANNOUNCEMENT OF A NEW VEHICLE DISINFECTING SERVICE!
Bourne’s Service Center has taken a step forward in offering services for the current situation.
JUST ARRIVED: we have just taken delivery of a brand-new Ozone Generator. What this means is we have the ability to perform Ozone treatments to vehicles. Below is a very brief explanation of Ozone and its use in disinfecting vehicles.
Ozone Generators - How They Work
What is Ozone?
Ozone is the second most powerful oxidant in the world, saturates hard-to-reach spaces and leaves no chemical residue, which is why it is useful for cleaning applications such as mold eradication and odor removal. It also destroys pathogens such as bacteria and viruses on surfaces making it an excellent disinfectant.
Using ozone to kill the coronavirus
For more than 100 years, ozone, considered a killer of virus in nature, has been widely used by people for disinfection, sterilization, deodorization, dis-intoxication, storage, and bleaching thanks to its strong oxidablity.
Convenience. Ozone can be produced by simple equipment. The equipment, large or small, can be used for transportation modes such as automobiles, buses, high-speed railways, ships and airplanes.
Our vehicle treatment procedure:
- The Ozone generators cannot be used in spaces while occupied by people, pets or any living thing like plants, so for the disinfecting process the vehicle needs to be dropped off.
- It requires about an hour for the generator running inside the vehicle with the windows closed. Part of that time the car’s heating and cooling systems are turn on and circulated to disinfect all the ductwork in the dash, etc.
- After the treatment, the widows are opened, and the vehicle is air out while parked outside for a couple of hours.
- At that point the cabin air filter in the vehicle gets replaced (if your car is equipped with it) and then the procedure is complete! (Note: If your vehicle is equipped with a cabin air filter, you will need to pay for the cost of the filter).
- Please call for an appointment as there are limited openings available each day.